On the north east corner of 69th Street and Park Avenue stands an old bastion of classic New York, The Union Club. This particular building is the third built exclusively for the club, designed by Delano & Aldrich and finished in 1933. The design is neo-Georgian, the entire building is clad in a bright limestone with a beautiful mansard roof. “The quiet limestone Georgian design clothed a complexly organized, elegantly proportioned set of Classical rooms that enabled members to enjoy all of the comforts of twentieth-century life, including ticker-tape reports of stock-market transactions, pneumatic-tube service from Wall Street, as well as year-round air-conditioning and humidification.”
The history of the Union Club, its members and the battles between the other great NYC clubs is a fantastic read and well documented throughout, below are a number of links.