Completed in 1912 by the architectural team of George and Edward Blum, the building is relatively short in stature, reaching only 12 stories with 18 units. Designed in the neo Italian renaissance style, most of the building is clad in limestone, although the very top of the façade is terra cotta, balanced symmetrically along both faces are iron balconies. Elegant central arched entryway with foliate keystone. The top story crowned by cornice and round arched panels has some very beautiful detail work.
It’s noteworthy that The Blum’s also designed the building right across on 76th, 830 Park Avenue, which is lightyears different from 840, offers a nice contrast and illustrates the Blum’s design range.